Animal Care and Dog Psychology Pathway
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
Here at The Career Academy we value every student experience. Study with us and find out for yourself!
100% Online Delivery
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Duration & Course Level
~400 Hours | 18 Months Access
Get Qualified & Earn More
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
How you'll benefit
- Understand how canine animals think and communicate
- Explore the behavioural development of puppies
- Learn the basic concepts behind dog training, and how they can apply to different situations.
- Control the movement of dogs through training and other methods.
- Discover the roles of working dogs, and the outline of how they can be trained.
- Gain a greater understanding of animal care and managing a variety of pets including dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, rodents and fish.
- Develop a broader awareness of health issues in domestic pets
- Examine the basic biology and structure of animals
- Learn basic fundamental theories behind training and handling companion animals.
- Learn how to turn your hobby with Animals into a business
- Nature and Scope of Canine Psychology
- Canine Senses and Communication
- Understanding Natural Canine Behaviour
- Canine Behavioural Development
- Canine Behavioural Disorders
- Basic Dog Training Principles
- Dog Obedience Training
- Controlling a Dog’s Movement
- Training Working Dogs
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Husbandry of Dogs
- Husbandry of Other Species
- Common Diseases of Dogs
- Common Diseases of Other Species
- First Aid, Accidents and Emergencies
- Handling and Safety
- Veterinary Health Care and Procedures
- Training and Behaviour
- Starting Up
- Preparing your Business Plan
- Marketing and Social Media
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Cashflow Management
- Planning for Profit
- Fundamentals of Payroll
- Fundamentals of VAT
- Financial Statement Analysis
- One hour of one-to-one mentoring with a Business Coach
Why The Career Academy?
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive Unlimited Tutor Support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed.
Be Awarded With An Industry Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion.
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 14-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Get all the info you need
A Course Consultant will be in touch to provide you with all information you need.
They will also be able to help with any questions regarding your enrolment process, course fees or how online study works.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts.
This course takes approximately 400 hours, and you’ll have up to 18 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as a Dog Trainer.
Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works: