Diploma in Psychology & Counselling
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
Here at The Career Academy we value every student experience. Study with us and find out for yourself!
100% Online Delivery
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Duration & Course Level
~300 Hours | 12 Months Access
Get Qualified & Earn More
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
How you'll benefit
- Flexible online study – study at your own pace in your own time.
- Use your skills to motivate people in their career and personal life.
- Learn the skills counsellors use to help people resolve their problems and issues.
- Developed and delivered by psychology and counselling experts
- This course is accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards (ICOES), guaranteeing you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes.
- Receive a 12 month membership to the International Association of Counsellors (IAC) to help fast track your career
- Work with experienced tutors and other students to successfully complete your qualification – receive comprehensive support via phone and email.
- The Nature and Scope of Psychology
- The Neurological Basis of Behaviour
- Environmental Effects on Behaviour
- Consciousness and Perception
- Psychological Development
- Needs, Drives and Motivation
- Abnormal Behaviour
- Individual Behaviour
- Group Behaviour
- Methods of Dealing with Psychological Problems
- Conflict Resolution
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Learning Specific Skills
- Listening and Bonding
- Interview Techniques
- Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- Finding Solutions
- Ending the Counselling
- The Counselling Session
- Focusing on the Present
- Telephone Counselling
- Dealing with Crisis
- Problem Solving Techniques I – Aggression
- Problem Solving Techniques II – Depression
- Problem Solving Techniques III – Grief and Loss
- Problem Solving Techniques IV – Suicide
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy I: Freud, Erikson & Jung
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy II: Adler
- Humanistic / Existential Approaches I: Gestalt Therapy
- Humanistic / Existential Approaches II
- Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy
- Behavioural Therapy
- Solution-Focussed Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Understanding Counselling
- Ethics & Confidentiality
- Understanding the Self
- Emotions and Behaviour
- Referral Practice
Why The Career Academy?
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive Unlimited Tutor Support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed.
Be Awarded With An Industry Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion.
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 14-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Get all the info you need
A Course Consultant will be in touch to provide you with all information you need.
They will also be able to help with any questions regarding your enrolment process, course fees or how online study works.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts.
This course takes approximately 300 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works: