Accounts Administration & Payroll Pathway
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
Here at The Career Academy we value every student experience. Study with us and find out for yourself!
100% Online Delivery
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Duration & Course Level
~400 Hours | 18 Months Access
Get Qualified & Earn More
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
How you'll benefit
- Gain a formal qualification – fast track your accounting career, increase your earning potential and get ahead with an AAT Approved Training Provider
- Gain a formal qualification for your CV – being an Accounting Technician gives employers the confidence that you meet internationally recognised standards.
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time and receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support.
- The Career Academy is an Official Xero and MYOB Education Partner – get the latest functions, tips and tricks.
- Developed and delivered by an AAT Approved Training Centre.
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- General Journal
- General Ledger and the Trial Balance
- Adjusting Entries
- Financial Statements
- Accounting with MYOB
- Accounting with Xero
- Understanding GST
- Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
- Managing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & Cash Management
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- Using Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Setting up Xero Payroll
- Managing Payroll Items with Xero
- New Employees & Leave Requests with Xero
- Pay Templates in Xero
- Pay Runs in Xero
- Payslips & Payroll Reporting with Xero
- Filing Obligations Using Xero
- Certificate in Xero Payroll Assessment
- Installing MYOB Payroll & Introduction
- Setting up an MYOB Payroll File
- Setting up Employee Pay Details
- Preparing & Processing Pays with MYOB
- Managing Leave with MYOB
- Preparing Payroll Reports with MYOB
- MYOB Payroll Assessment
- Access and save excel templates.
- How to open an Excel file and save this using a specific name.
- Identify and apply formulas and functions to calculate data.
- How to add content, such as pictures and charts, to spreadsheets.
- Apply filters to spreadsheet data.
- Demonstrate how to sort and manipulate spreadsheet data.
- Apply a range of formatting styles to spreadsheet data.
- Accounting and Business
- Determining Profit
- Issues in Income Determination & Asset Valuation
- Accounting Principles Assessment
- Tracking Cash & Controlling Assets
- Internal Decision Making
- Analysing Financial Reports
- NZ Financial Reporting Framework
- Advanced Accounting Principles Assessment
- Cost Classification
- Costing Methods
- Product & Process Costing
- Standard Costs & Variance Analysis
- Management Accounting Assessment
- Activity Based Costing
- Budgeting & CVP Analysis
- Performance Management & Measurement
- Inventory Management & Planning
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Advanced Management Accounting Assessment
- Introduction to Income Taxation
- Company Taxation
- Look Through Companies
- Fringe Benefit Tax
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Xero Chart of Accounts
- Managing Contacts with Xero
- Xero Sales, Invoices, Quotes & Inventory
- Xero Purchases & Bills
- Reconciliation and Managing Accounts in Xero
- Introduction to Xero Reporting
- Introduction to Xero Add-ons
- Certificate in Xero Assessment
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Aged Receivables & Payables in Xero
- Managing Fixed Assets with Xero
- Budgeting with Xero
- Tracking Categories in Xero
- Report Preparation and Analysis in Xero
- Customising Templates in Xero
- Introduction to Projects & Expenses
- Advanced Certificate in Xero Assessment
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 1
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 2
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 3
- Verification, Completeness & Justification
- Accounting for a Full Year Case Study
- Looking Forward Case Study
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Accounting Systems & Controls
- Accounting Practices Assessment
- Introduction to the Accounting Profession
- Ethics and Standards
- Professional Education
- Practice Essentials
- Practice Security
- People and Processes
- Growing your Business
- Digital Business
- Sustaining Your Business
Why The Career Academy?
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive Unlimited Tutor Support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed.
Be Awarded With An Industry Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion.
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 14-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Get all the info you need
A Course Consultant will be in touch to provide you with all information you need.
They will also be able to help with any questions regarding your enrolment process, course fees or how online study works.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts.
This course takes approximately 400 hours, and you’ll have up to 18 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as an Office Administrator or Payroll Specialist.
Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works: