Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed.
Certificate In Wildlife Management
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
Here at The Career Academy we value every student experience. Study with us and find out for yourself!
100% Online Delivery
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Duration & Course Level
~100 Hours | 6 Months Access
Get Qualified & Earn More
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
How you'll benefit
- Gain an introduction to the principles and practices of wildlife management common to many species around the globe
- Learn the essential knowledge critical to wildlife management
- Work with experienced tutors and ask questions via phone and email
- 100% online study with 24/7 access to your course
- What is Wildlife Management
- Approaches to Wildlife Management (Preservation, Conservation, Management)
- Purpose of Wildlife Management
- Decision Making (Who makes decisions, Making good decisions)
- Needs of Wildlife
- What’s a Good Habitat
- Limiting factor
- Carrying capacity
- Landscape Fragmentation
- Habitat Diversity
- Biological Control
- Integrated Pest Management
- Ecology (Mutualism, Commensalisms, Competition, Predation, parasitism, herbivoury)
- Behavioural Ecology
- Population Ecology
- Community Ecology
- Ecosystem Ecology
- Interactions within a Community
- The Food Web (Derital Web, Grazing Web, Trophic Levels)
- Energy Flow
- Classification of Habitats
- Biomes, Ecosystems, Microclimates
- Timbered Biomes (Boreal Forest/ Taiga, Temperate Forest, Tropical Forest, Woodland)
- Tropical Savannah
- Temperate Grassland
- Artic Tundra
- Man Made Biomes (Urban, Agricultural)
- Wet Biomes (Mangrove, Rivers, Benthos, Pelagic, Continental Shelf, Coral Reef,
- Animal Use of Features in Biomes (Trees, Logs, Surface Rocks and Ground Cover, Creeks, Wetlands and Dams)
- Case Studies
- Changes to Habitats (Physical, Biological, Pollution)
- Water for Wildlife
- Siting Water Points
- Managing Trees
- Birth or Fecundity Rate
- Death or Mortality Rate
- Growth Rate
- Life Tables
- Cohort or Dynamic Life Tables (Age Specific)
- Static or Time Specific Life Tables
- Case Studies of different animals in different countries
- Exponential Population Growth
- What is Carrying Capacity
- Fisheries stock management (stock Identification, assessment, biomass)
- Stock Management Methods
- Introduction and census types
- Total Counts
- Sampling (Simple Random, Stratified Random, Systemic, Two Stage, Double sampling)
- Accuracy vs Precision
- Bias Errors
- Aerial Surveys
- Indirect Methods
- Mark-Recapture method
- Roadside and Call Counts
- Sampling methods for specific types of animals (ie. Fish, Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds, Invertebrates, Mammals etc.)
- Animal Ethics
- Case Study
- Habitat Modification
- Vegetation Management
- Predator Control
- Habitat Features
- Population Monitoring
- Captive Breeding and Release
- Culling and Cropping
- Control of pest or undesirable wildlife species
- Control Objectives
- Efficts of Control
- Control Techniques (Manipulating mortality, fertility, Genetiv Engineering, indirect methods)
- Policy and Wildlife Law
- International Environmental Law
- International Customary Laws
- Hard vs Soft Law
- Domestic/National Law
- Evolving Domestic Law
- Sources of Legislation
- Environmental Ethics
Why The Career Academy?
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive Unlimited Tutor Support
Be Awarded With An Industry Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion.
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 14-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Get all the info you need
A Course Consultant will be in touch to provide you with all information you need.
They will also be able to help with any questions regarding your enrolment process, course fees or how online study works.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts.
This course takes approximately 100 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works: