Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed.
Diploma in Veterinary Assistant & Animal Welfare
Designed in collaboration with experts, get the training & skillset that the industry is looking out for. This package contains 6 courses designed to cover the most important fundamentals of animal care and welfare across a range of species, as well as a course covering the basics of wildlife and threatened species conservation.
This course does not include tutor support
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
Here at The Career Academy we value every student experience. Study with us and find out for yourself!
100% Online Delivery
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Duration & Course Level
~360 Hours | 12 Months Access
Get Qualified & Earn More
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
How you'll benefit
- Understand conservation, disease, and healthcare across a wide range of species
- Perfect for busy people who want to up-skill
- Gain confidence and get ahead in this competitive industry
- Covers basic first-aid and rescue techniques, caring for farm animals, birds, fish, dogs & cats
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Husbandry of Dogs
- Husbandry of Other Species
- Common Diseases of Dogs
- Common Diseases of Other Species
- First Aid, Accidents and Emergencies
- Handling and Safety
- Veterinary Health Care and Procedures
- Training and Behaviour
- Introduction to Cells and Tissues
- The Digestive System
- The Circulatory System
- The Urinary System
- The Nervous System
- The Reproductive System
- Muscles and Meat
- The Skeleton
- Animal Growth, Development, and the Endocrine System
- Comparing Different Animals
- Introduction to Animal Health
- Common Health Problems
- Animal Behaviour
- Signs of Ill-Health
- Veterinary Facilities
- Safety Procedures
- Administration of Animal Health
- Animal First Aid
- Preventative Health Care
- Routine Treatments
- Health Problems in Domestic Pets
- Rehabilitation Care
- Introduction to Animal Health & Diseases
- Signs and Symptoms of Diseases
- Disease Classification
- Causes and Diagnosis of Disease
- Treatment of Disease
- Fever and Immunity
- Tissue Repair
- Cell Changes
- Introduction to Natural Animal Health Care
- Signs of Ill Health
- Natural Nutrition for Animals
- Holistic Health Care – Maintaining Health
- Holistic Health Care – Treating Health Problems
- Animal Diseases & Health Problems (Domestic Animals)
- Animal Diseases & Health Problems (Livestock)
- Scope and Nature of Animal Welfare
- Psychology and Sentience
- Managing Animal Welfare
- Animal Protection Services
- Animal Rescue Services
- Animal Health Services
- Animal Welfare for Pets, Work Animals and Animals in Sport
- Animal Welfare for Farm Animals
- Animal Welfare for Wildlife: Free and Captive
Why The Career Academy?
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive Unlimited Tutor Support
Be Awarded With An Industry Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion.
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 14-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Get all the info you need
A Course Consultant will be in touch to provide you with all information you need.
They will also be able to help with any questions regarding your enrolment process, course fees or how online study works.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts.
This course takes approximately 360 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works: