Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed.
Administration Pathway – Medical Reception
You’re well on the road to success once you have this course under your belt. You’ll become a Certified Medical Receptionist with the Certificate in Medical Reception & Terminology where you’ll learn how to use Microsoft Office in managing the day-to-day running of a medical practice. You’ll have the opportunity to develop the skills needed to communicate clearly and effectively in a medical environment. Then, you’ll ten learn advanced administration skills with the Diploma in Business Administration.
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
Here at The Career Academy we value every student experience. Study with us and find out for yourself!
100% Online Delivery
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Duration & Course Level
~400 Hours | 18 Months Access
Get Qualified & Earn More
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
How you'll benefit
- Become a Certified Medical Receptionist and gain advanced administration skills.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in a medical environment.
- Work with professional and experiences tutors to be able to master medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Gain a practical understanding of the most commonly used accounting software; Xero and/or MYOB.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Grasp the principles of verbal and written communication in the business environment.
- Work in a supportive, collaborative environment with your experienced tutors and other students.
- Prepare for managerial and top-tier administrative roles.
- Our online course can be completed anywhere, at a time that suits your schedule.
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Xero Chart of Accounts
- Managing Contacts with Xero
- Xero Sales, Invoices, Quotes and Inventory
- Xero Purchases and Bills
- Reconciliation & Managing Accounts in Xero
- Introduction to Xero Reporting
- Introduction to Xero Add-ons
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Setting up Xero Payroll
- Managing Payroll Items with Xero
- New Employees and Leave Requests with Xero
- Pay Templates in Xero
- Pay Runs in Xero
- Payslips and Payroll Reporting with Xero
- Filing Obligations Using Xero
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Aged Receivables & Payables in Xero
- Managing Fixed Assets with Xero
- Budgeting with Xero
- Tracking Categories in Xero
- Report Preparation and Analysis in Xero
- Customising Templates in Xero
- Introduction to Projects and Expenses
Receive access to Xero’s official advisor certification. This contains assessment questions to test your knowledge and understanding of Xero, based on what you have learned in the Certificate in Xero, Certificate in Xero Payroll and Advanced Certificate in Xero. This certification is issued by Xero and is a frequent request of employers.
- Organise Schedules & Meetings
- Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
- Understanding Key New Zealand Business Legislation
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- General Journal
- General Ledger & the Trial Balance
- Managing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & Cash Management
- Accounting with Xero
- Accounting with MYOB
- Introduction to Project Management
- Establishing Timelines and Milestones
- Project Implementation, Completion and Evaluation
- Using Microsoft Excel
Why The Career Academy?
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive Unlimited Tutor Support
Be Awarded With An Industry Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion.
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 14-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Get all the info you need
A Course Consultant will be in touch to provide you with all information you need.
They will also be able to help with any questions regarding your enrolment process, course fees or how online study works.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts.
This course takes approximately 400 hours, and you’ll have up to 18 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as an Office Administrator or Payroll Specialist.
Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works: