Certificate in Medical Reception and Terminology
Developed by health experts, this Career Academy course will teach you how to use Microsoft Office in managing the day-to-day running of a medical practice. You’ll have the opportunity to develop the skills needed to communicate clearly and effectively in a medical environment. With this course, you’ll find just how valuable it is when it comes to opening doors in the medical profession.
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
Here at The Career Academy we value every student experience. Study with us and find out for yourself!
100% Online Delivery
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Duration & Course Level
~160 Hours | 6 Months Access
Get Qualified & Earn More
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
How you'll benefit
- Gain a certificate of achievement and work towards becoming a medical receptionist
- Gain a practical understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Easy ways to learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Increase your chances of a new job or promotion
- Medtech provides software solutions for the healthcare environment enabling health professionals to efficiently manage their patients – learn how to use this in your course.
- Includes a bonus module on how to use Medtech and a 352 page Medtech training guide
- Role of a Receptionist
- Medical Reception Service Skills
- Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
- Maintain Patient Records
- Working with ACC & Introduction to Medtech
- Effective Business Communication
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Workplace Health and Safety
- First Aid and Medical Emergencies
- Customer Relationship Management
- Introduction to Medtech Evolution
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
- Certificate in Medical Terminology Assessment
Why The Career Academy?
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive Unlimited Tutor Support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed.
Be Awarded With An Industry Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion.
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 14-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Get all the info you need
A Course Consultant will be in touch to provide you with all information you need.
They will also be able to help with any questions regarding your enrolment process, course fees or how online study works.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts.
This course takes approximately 160 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as a Medical Receptionist.
Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works: