Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed.
Diploma in Dog Grooming
Whether you’ve already got some experience in grooming and want to increase your knowledge base, or you want to get your foot in the door as a grooming apprentice, this Diploma will be for you. To begin with, you will learn about the care requirements of dogs, and all about their health. Then, in the second portion, you will be introduced to concepts and facts which are crucial to any groomer.
All courses are delivered 100% online by Career Academy Ptd. Ltd. Unique Entity Number (UEN): 201806085G. A portion of all course proceeds go to the SPCA.
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
Here at The Career Academy we value every student experience. Study with us and find out for yourself!
100% Online Delivery
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Duration & Course Level
~200 Hours | 12 Months Access
Get Qualified & Earn More
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
How you'll benefit
- Gain a Diploma which has been developed by grooming experts
- Understand the basic care of dogs, including nutrition, exercise, hygiene, and preventative health care.
- Learn about key concepts which are required by dog groomers including basic anatomy, hygiene, tools & equipment and handling.
- Get your foot in the door of the growing grooming industry.
- Learn online, at your own pace, with tutor support by phone and email
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time. We can work around you!
- This course is endorsed by the SPCA. A portion of all course proceeds go to the SPCA to prevent cruelty to animals.
- Introduction to Dog Care
- Canine Biology
- Dog Health – Part One
- Dog Health – Part Two
- Exploring Dog Breeds
- Dog Breeding
- Dog Behaviour and Training
- Grooming Dogs
- Other Dog Services
- Scope and Nature of Grooming Animals
- Animal Biology
- Care of the Coat and Skin
- Dog Grooming Techniques
- Grooming Other Types of Animals
- Other Grooming Tasks
- Handling Animals During Grooming
- Show Grooming
- Grooming Safety
- The Business of Grooming
Meet your tutor - Rachel Hawkins
“Really enjoying my course. The feedback is great. My tutor Rachel is wonderful and always there if I need her. I’m working on my last assignment now and considering taking another course.” Sinead
Why The Career Academy?
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
- Our Pet & Animal Care courses are endorsed by the SPCA. A portion of all course proceeds go to the SPCA to prevent cruelty to animals.
Receive Unlimited Tutor Support
Be Awarded With An Industry Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion.
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 14-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts.
This course takes approximately 200 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as a Dog Groomer.
Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works: